The Addo Elephant Cycle Charge
Location: Addo Elephant National Park
Date: 07 October 2018 - 12 October 2018
The Addo Elephant Cycle ChargeA fundraising event in Addo Elephant National Parkevent Info on Facebook - https://www.facebook...62855327873065/
If you've got fire in your belly and adventure in your heart, SANParks Honorary Rangers, Addo Region, invites you to participate in the Addo Elephant Cycle Charge.
This 200 kilometre ride from Darlington Dam via the Bedrogfontein Mountain Pass to the Nyathi Section of Addo, is 5 days and 5 nights of trail-blazing through Big Five Country on Jeep and Single Track Routes, with spectacular scenery and amazing sightings guaranteed. The price for this epic adventure includes all meals and tented accommodation and transport from Addo to Darlington.
Date: 7 — 12 October 2018 Venue: Addo Elephant National Park Price: R15 000 per person *VAT included Contact: Clive Gibson 084 200 4083 [email protected] / Rob Henderson 083 407 4899 [email protected]
All proceeds from this event will go towards projects identified by SANParks www.sanparksvolunteers.org
During the ride you will be able to experience
- Possible sightings of the Big 5, Elephant, Lion, Leopard, Buffalo & Rhino
- The Bush Camp Prince Harrys stayed in
- An original Oxwagen from the Settlers
- Boer war Ruins where General Smuts stayed
- The Milkwood Tree Boer war camp
- An old Buick chassis
- Unknown Boer war graves
- Tree carvings of British soldiers
- A site of one of the original farm murders when the settlers arrived
- The rare Red Minnows fish, a separate species in each different valley stream
- Trek Boer ruins
- Amazing flora such as - Unique Oldenburgia trees, Rare cycads, Proteas, aloes and many more.
- and a whole lot more.